Our Immigration and Visas Services in the UK

Our multi-lingual advisory team has extensive experience assisting a broad range of clients from a variety of industry sectors. PRAVO will guide you through the hurdles of immigration law. If you’re an individual seeking to invest in the UK, or you want to apply for indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship, contact us for professional, friendly, cost effective advice. We are also able to assist with various UK visa applications.

Tier1 (Investor)

Wealthy individuals who plan to substantially invest in the UK can qualify for the investor visa. At least £1 million of disposable income is needed but investors are exempt from the English language requirement and do not need to prove they can support themselves and their dependents.

Tier1 (Entrepreneur)

Individuals who plan to invest in the UK by setting up or taking over a business, and being actively involved in running the business can come to the UK under and entrepreneur visa. At least £200,000 of disposable income is required to qualify.

Tier1 (Graduates: Post-Study Work)

This category is designed to keep the brightest foreign students who have studied in the UK. It is simply there to bridge the gap between study and highly skilled or skilled work. If you are granted a visa under this category, the Home Office expects you to switch into another part of the points system as soon as you are able. You must apply for this category within 12 months of receiving your qualification and, if successful, you will be granted 2 years leave and it is non-renewable. This replaces the similar International Graduates Scheme.

Tier2 (Work Permit)

Tier 2 of the Points Based System replaces the work permit entry route to the UK.

Applicants are required to have a job offer to submit a successful application. Tier 2 caters for people with qualifications or work experience in a wide range of sectors. Tier 2 visas are meant to fill jobs where there are shortages in the labour market such as engineering, information technology, and teaching and nursing.

Applying for a Tier 2 visa requires a certificate of sponsorship from your sponsoring company. Tier 2 visa applications are employer led, whereby it is the employer who submits the application, as it was in the old UK work permit application.

The Points Based System (PBS) is also in effect for Tier 2 visas and applicants are required to score at least 50 points on a skills assessment and prove that they are proficient in the English language.

Sole Representative

This visa type is designed for companies wanting to expand their business abroad and set up in the United Kingdom. Overseas companies are permitted to send one representative to the UK to set up a branch or subsidiary office, including carrying out market research, registering the company in the UK and negotiating with suppliers and customers.

Although the nominated representative must have the authority to make day-to-day decisions in the UK, they cannot be a director or major shareholder in the company.

Student Visa

This visa is for students who intend to study at a United Kingdom institution in a full time course. The student visa is flexible to apply to both short and long term courses.

Usually Student visas would be granted for courses of at least six (6) months in length however it is possible to obtain a visa for shorter courses. The student must be able to maintain and accommodate themselves while they are studying and show that they are able to pay their course fees.

The Fiancé(e) /Prospective Civil Partner

The Fiancé (e) /Prospective Civil Partner visa allow entry into the United Kingdom for a period of six months in order for the couple to marry or register their civil relationship.

Applicants for a Fiancé (e)/Prospective Civil Partner visa must intend to marry or register with a partner who is a UK national citizen or permanent resident. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their intention to marry or register with their partner.

Following the marriage or registration, applicants will be required to apply for the Spouse/Civil Partner visa. This visa is for a two year probationary period and subject to meeting all requirements and continuing to live together, the applicant may be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Spouse / Civil Partner visa

The Spouse/Civil Partner visa is initially granted for a two (2) year probationary period and can lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and British nationality.

If however, the couple have been married or have been in a civil partnership for at least four (4) years prior to lodgement of the application, an application for ILR can be made immediately.

At the time of submitting the visa application, applicants for a Spouse/Civil Partner visa must demonstrate that they are legally married to, or in a Civil Partnership with a partner who is a UK National or permanent resident. This person must be their genuine spouse/partner and the couple must intend to live together in the UK.

To qualify for an Entry Clearance or Further Leave to Remain application as a Spouse/Civil Partner for a two (2) year probationary period, there are basic requirements that must be met. Both parties must be at least 21 years old, have met and be legally married OR have undergone a civil partnership registration.

Applicants will also need to prove that their relationship is of a genuine and continuing nature.

Indefinite leave to remain

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) can be granted once applicants have been living in the United Kingdom for specified period of time on certain visas. The applicant must not have spent too much time outside the UK or committed any offences. ILR enables people to travel freely in and out of the UK . They are subject to limited immigration control and can eventually apply for UK Nationality.

UK visa categories that lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain include:

  • Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) / Work Permit (after 5 years)
  • EU Nationals and their dependants (after 5 years)
  • To establish in business or on work permit (after 5 years)
  • Legal stay on any basis (after 10 years)
  • Legal stay on any basis (after 14 years)
  • Marriage (after 2 years)

Visitor Visa

The United Kingdom is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

Sightseeing, visiting family and friends, travelling, business trips, and even medical visits make the six month Visitor visa the most popular category for travellers to the UK.


Migrants granted leave in the UK under Tier 1will be able to bring their dependants provided they can support them during their stay. Dependants include children, spouses, civil partners, same sex partners, and unmarried partners.

Dependants of migrants in the highly skilled Tier 1 will be able to work in the UK as well. However, they will not be able to switch into any points system tier other than as a dependant of the main applicant to switch.

Contact Us